Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Secret of brining 4300 visitors to a single post

Yes, this is amazing and I am really excited about these numbers. One post manage to attract more than 4000 unique visitors for 4 days. It manage to make extra $20.00. More traffic more AdSense money and that's not a secret any more. It will be interesting to go through what exactly I did to here to get this result. 






Remember I told you that I am using Google News Alerts to know the latest trends and latest stories related to my blog. That really works on giving your visitor the latest information and SEO point of view you will able to blog about trendy topics that most of the people will be searching for. This is not the only way to do that. There are many other ways like twitter, facebook (any Social Website) and special tools Google trends. 


This time I was luck with Yahoo Answers. Suddenly I have noticed that people start asking "What happed to Limewire?". When I really check the Limewire website it was closed due to a legal issues and that created blog post. More than I was lucky I managed to apply SEO Secrets on that post well. Lets run through the SEO tricks I apply on the post one by one. 


1. Keyword Question Blog Titles


Blog Post Title: "What Happened to Limewire?


Title it self is a Keyword Praise. 


That is the best part as I was noticing this in Yahoo Answer, it was easy to know what everyone interested in the story is looking for and the best keywords they use to query in Google. No doubt that title is catchy and get enough attention. 


So, It is important to know what exactly people are looking for and what keywords they use to search. What is the point of posting something that no one search for. Yahoo Answers is a better place to figure out trendy questions that most of the people have and understand how they ask the question. Also,I found this free keyword Question tool comes in handy to get keyword question blog titles for particular niche.

2. Answer the Question 


By default blog post is going to be the answer for the question. If you get the question correctly then there is no reason why the answer can be wrong. But make sure do enough research and resources quickly as possible.  Don't forget to include the keywords you use in the question title. I don't see any reason why someone will miss this but it is quite important. 


3.  Getting Inbound Links 


 Your post is ready and lets start finding some incoming links to the post. I know most of us who start blogging really focus on link exchange to get more and more inbound links. However, most of the case we target the home page. This time I manage to focus on the post. 


I use my blog post link in Yahoo Answer to answer the questions. At that time I was only thinking about the referral traffic. But it turn out to be a plus point for SEO. 


My blogging friend Roezer at Blog HQ gave me a link from his post specially done to support my topic. This was Roezer idea as he use this trick pretty effectively.  It is important to have good friends around you and your blog. 


Thirdly, I went to couple of blogs that talk about Limewire and commented on the posts. I choose them randomly and did not even check the page rank (I do not really care about Page Rank).  I did not just drop my link there but left a relevant thought about the post and drop a link to the post (not to the home page)  where they want me to mention my website.  That way it will not mark it as spam. 


Just by getting these three factors right did the trick. Google index my post instantly and when I check blog stats next day I can see people are visiting the post. There wasn't many referral hits but search engine traffic. It jumped in to 3rd place in Google for "What happened to Limewire?"    


SEO tricks I have mentioned here in not new or figure out by me. I know it is not a big secret as well. Everyone read about them, study about them but how many how us using them properly. Biggest secret and challenge is how you can use these SEO tips in the correct way to get results instantly.  This is just one such a successful scenario. I have lot to learn about and experiment. 


I will make sure I will share all these experiments and its results and don't forget to signup for the 100 dollars per day feed.

3 comments:

  1. This is lot's of very targeted Traffic. Thanks for mentioning me yahoo answers is a great way to get content ideas. But this way you need to be fast and precise. Answers should be visited at least once a week if you are into blogging and building traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you Roezer. In my situation this method worked perfectly. As I am running a technology blog, mainly target on AdSense at the movement. Therefore, it is quite important to focus on the latest changes happening in the tech worlds. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping up with the tech world can be hard. But Yahoo answers is a great way to find out the problems people are having with these. Google Alerts can often be a good way to find content that is related to you blogging niche

    ReplyDelete

Share you AdSense experiences plus your blog website link here.