Monday, August 31, 2009

Bottom line of AdSense Income - Better Place to Start

I was checking my AdSense income today and notice something that help me to understand and get a clear picture of Adsense. I am sure it would help me in my goal to hundred dollars per day goal.

I have been searching, reading and trying to implement so many tricks and hacks to increase AdSense revenue. I will not say they are wrong. However, it is quite important to understand what exactly we are doing and how it can help to improve AdSense income. More than that you should simplify the whole process so you can see everything in one clear picture.

There are only four factors that will change your AdSense earnings.
1. Page Impressions
2. Clicks
3. Page eCPM (Effective cost-per-thousand impressions)

Whatever the white hat tips you follow to improve the AdSense earning should improve one or couple of the above factors positively.

Why this is so important?

1. Now on you will not be doing any changes or take any actions blindly and expect better result in AdSense. Before you applying it you can see what how it is going to effect your income.

2. If you have missed or forgotten one or more key areas you can start strengthening them by spending more time and effort on them.

3. You and increase AdSense earning exponentially by improving all the four factors comparing to improving only one.

We can build a simple equation just to show how this going to work.
Page Impressions x Clicks x Page eCPM = AdSense Earning

Now we will apply some values to our AdSense equation.

Sample 1 PI (1) x Clicks (1) x Page eCPM (1) = AdSense Earning (1)
Sample 2 PI (3) x Clicks (3) x Page eCPM (3)= AdSense Earning (27)
Sample 3 PI (12) x Clicks (1) x Page eCPM (1) = AdSense Earning (12)


This is simple explanation how it will increase your AdSense earning. Consider Sample 1 as your current situation of AdSense.

(Sample 3) Imagine you have concentrate only on improving the Page Impression and by spending more time and money increase the it by twelve(12) times than your current status. It will only increase your earnings by 12 times.

If you can put the same effort on three areas equally you will have a better result than Improving only one factor. (Sample 2)

In basic what I am trying to say is knowing the basic formula of AdSense and have a better and clear picture how AdSense works will help you to put a good foundation to your campaign. Improving all the factors equally will give you much better results than what you can think of.

Stay tune to AdSense 100 dollars per day I will share how this simple formula will improve my AdSense earnings and other formulas we can derive from this.
What do you think about this method? Do you have anything to add to this?

22 comments:

  1. I will look foward to your next chapter.I have been waiting for something to read for here it's a good site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's nice goog idea and formula
    greeting

    please share your formula ??

    http://download-loading.blogspot.com
    http://bigrevenue.blogspot.com
    http://tototarget.blogspot.com
    http://downloadind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have A website Of Hollywood Movie i.e.
    http://www.netwebsite.in

    I have 1200 Impressions per day and with pageCTR of 4.05%

    Now i am earning $4 Per day avarage...tell me wt i have to do to increase it to 50$ per day..??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mahesh, I visited your blog and it is pretty cool and nice to hear that it is giving your $4 per day.

    I can suggest couple of things ...

    * Ad a link unit just after menu bar.
    * In the Post page, bring the Ad unit closer to the title. So ads will be visible without scrolling. And also you can remove the border.

    Try it out. It should give some positive impact.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thankyou for your answer......will you please tell me....if my Page CTR countunes with 4.25% by next 3 months....then is this possible that i will reach to $20 per day ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hii SjAy...Thanks for your tips....I implemented all your tips in my website and you can see then on http://www.netwebsite.in

    If any thing else please tell me....

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Mahesh it looks great. make sure the Square ad next to the title mess up with content as well. Image., text and ad is packed.

    You can also blend the colour of the ads in the side bar can be blended with the colours as well.

    It is so hard to predict the AdSense revenue. One day you will get 10 clicks and earnings can be $1 and next day $5. Try to figure out why you got $5 and repeat it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi Mahesh thanks for you comment.

    "Hii SjAy Thanks For your yesterday Tip for www.netwebsite.in, By your Tip My Today Earning increased 30%"

    But I am rejecting it as you have revealed the CTRs and AdSense earning there. According to the AdSense TOS you are not suppose to reveal those statistics.

    it is so nice to hear that you AdSense earnings increased.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mahesh do the same trick for the side bar as well. Blend the colours of the AdSense ads with the back ground. You will be able to increase the AdSense revenue.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi SjAy...Thanks For ur tip...today my ctr is increased 30% as compare to yesterday but Page eCPM is decreased 40% .. I dont know why it was...I also did what you told...

    ReplyDelete
  11. eCPM = ( Total Earning/Impressions ) * 1000

    So I guess at this stage ads impressions stay the same but the total earning seems to be dropped.

    I can be due to the changes you have done to the AdSense ads. I have notice sudden drop of the income when I change th placings of the Ads even after getting clicks. But, still I do not have enough proof to confirm it 100%. But after couple of days it come backs.

    Another thing you can do is to use Adword Keyword tool to find out high paying keywords in your niche and include them in your post title and post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hii SjAy its Mahesh...I have very Urgent query from you .... As I placed google ad in my Post page....That ad is coming directly with image...I heard from anywhere that we cant place ad with any image....previously ad had no border...so thats why placed border and little bit changed placement...
    plzz check this link :
    http://netwebsite.in/wordpress/?p=1146

    ReplyDelete
  13. thats right. I think I have mentioned it as you might have to move the image below the AdSense ads.

    As I can see there are two images. I think both are same and you are using one in the home page (thumbnail).

    May be the trick you can use is to hide the thumbnail image when it come to the post page. I think that makes this problem solved.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hiii SjAy Thanks for ur advice....I will do that.... Do you know that y page ctr is increased but problem is that my page ecpm is decreasing day by day...yesterday it was only 3.87 Dollar...please see...my website and tell me what can i do more to increase page ecpm....www.netwebsite.in you can see this....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hii Sjay.....Today I am very sad that My ecpm is deacreased and it is now 1.67 Dollar....I am worry about my income....I dont know why google doing this...

    Even now i have placed ad just below title ...but ecpm and Page CTR decreased.....

    please visit my website and give some tips what I have to do... www.netwebsite.in

    Thanks in advance...

    ReplyDelete
  16. i Mahesh I sent you an email regarding this. Please check you emails. I need more details about this.

    May be take the Square ad next to the title bit down and test.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  17. i want to say to u that ur information about how adsence calculate earnings is totally wrong.adsence calculate earnings like this
    no of impression*clicks/1000= total earnings

    ReplyDelete
  18. thank for looking at it. If the formula impression*clicks/1000= total earnings is correct I am already making millions out of AdSense. Unfortunately it is not working like that.

    Today you might get $10 per click but tomorrow for the same ad you might not get the same. What I was trying to do was to clear out main areas that directly affect the AdSense Earning. So it is easy for me to experiment and record the results.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Formula is correct in general. Just efforts to improve each part of equation are so much different.

    ReplyDelete

Share you AdSense experiences plus your blog website link here.