Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Best Keyword for AdSense & SEO

This is post is base on couple of experiments I have done combining couple of methods to choose the best keywords for your niche. I will go through individual methods as well to make it clear and understand easily.

Method 1 : Choose the less competitive but popular keywords in your post
Type : Search Engine Optimization
Target : Increase Traffic

This is a well know SEO methods to bring extra traffic to your website. I did not use this method for sometimes as I was mainly focus on getting more and more post done at the beginning. After having many post of one the thing I have notice is even I cannot find the post by searching what I am looking for. That's all because some post I
didn't mentioned the keyword phrase that normally a person would look for. How others suppose to find my post in Goggle. Therefore it is really important to check what people are searching and how they do it.
Search Engine Optimization professionals tweaked it a bit. You can use less competitive but popular keywords so you have better chance of displaying your site in top of the search result. You can simply use Google Adword keyword tool to find out the competition and monthly search volume for given keyword.

Here is couple of more tricks you can apply to get better results from the keywords.
* Give links to the page with the same keywords anchor text from other pages in your website. Try to link from the pages that has better Page rank (eg Home page)
* If chance of getting external links use these key words as the anchor text.

Method 2 : Choose high paying keywords
Type : AdSense Optimization
Target : Increase Page eCPM

we have already discussed couple of methods to find the keywords that pay high price for a single click. Again this is some thing I have noticed. Suddenly AdSense income start to drop even though I was getting more clicks than before and I checked the closest changes I have made. Its nothing but my content. I wrote five six posts on the same topic one after another and keywords used in those posts display pay only couple of cents as the technology is fairly new. Done a small research and add couple of post with high paying key words and things are roll back to normal. Sometimes it even gave me better results like paying $1.00 for one click.

Method: Find the Best Keyword for AdSense plus SEO

How about combining the above two methods and try to find the keyword set for
your niche that are popular, less competitive and high paying. What we discussed in bottom line of AdSense helped me to find this combination. If you are following the above two methods it is easy for your to combine the two set of results to get the common keywords set.

If you find it difficult to find the common keyword set you can always get the two sets of relevant keywords separately and use them separately. So one set of keywords will help you getting more and more traffic while other keywords help displaying high paying AdSense Ads for you. Basically what we are doing here is targeting two areas that help increasing AdSense revenue at the same time instead of focus on one thing at a time.

Hope this will help you to make your site AdSense optimized. Remember always you have to tailor made it to suit it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share you AdSense experiences plus your blog website link here.